- I bought this water bed because my 12 year old water bed was springing leaks every few weeks. I wanted a bed that was extra sturdy and would not give me much wave action. I will have to wait a number of years to find out how sturdy this bed is, but from how it is made, I imagine it will probably live at least as long as my last bed.I had no problems filling the bed and I have been sleeping soundly on it for over a week. Although the mattress is not filled any more than my old mattress, the back support seems to be sturdier. I guess the best review I can give for this mattress is to say that I do not think about it after I get up. It does not slosh around when I am in it and I have no complaints…
- I've been sleeping on waterbeds since the early 70's, having started with a full flow mattress purchased from the Subterranean Circus in Gainesville, FL and progressed over the years to beds with fiber pads, baffles, combination of both..if they made it, I probably had one. When my last bed needed to be replaced I was disappointed to learn that manufacturer was out of business...so much for my warranty. As I was researching waterbeds, I kept coming across Strobel as a solid manufacturer of quality beds. I was a bit hesitant about ordering a bed online, but figured worst case was I would be out the return shipping cost. The 1800 seemed the best compromise of comfort and firmness. My first impression…
- Nothing is more natural than water
- Strobel waterbeds are naturally fire resistant and do not require flame retardant chemical based flame barriers like other mattresses to comply with federal fire safety regulations
- Strobel water-mattresses go a step further with our unique deep molded "Feathertop" pressure reduction surface. Our "Feathertop" surface relives surface tension and further reduces pressures to allow for true flotation sleep
- 25 mil vinyl (25% thicker than most)
- Made in USA by Strobel


